I saw these adorable Googly Eye Monster Cookies via www.lilluna.com.
I had to give them a try! Here is The quick tutorial of how we made them!
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix Box
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 8 oz. bar cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- green food coloring
- powdered sugar
- candy eyeballs
1. Beat butter, vanilla, cream cheese, and egg until fluffy.
2. Once fluffy, add in the cake mix. This was a bit hard and my beaters ended up getting pretty full so I ended up mixing the rest of it with a spoon.
3. After the dough is all mixed you are ready to add in your food coloring! I decided to split my dough into 4 sections and use four different colors.
I know.. this looks like the best play dough you ever did see…
4. Roll into balls and dip into a bowl of powdered sugar.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
6. Once the cookies are done, begin sticking on your eyeballs! Be as creative as you want! One of my little guys even ended up with horns!
And there you have it! The cutest little Halloween treat! Perfect for any October get together! Gosh I love Halloween too much.